Friday, November 24, 2006

Why clean today what you can clean in 50 or so years?

Copied from my MySpace blog. Originally posted October 20, 2006

I was planning to write something about recent announcements from Canada's environment minister, Rona Ambrose. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn't say it any better than the CBC's Rick Mercer.

So, rather than do any actual work on the topic, I will let the linkie-links do the work for me.

Watch these videos.

Rick's rant from October 10. (By the way - I was at the taping of this episode, and it was a lot of fun)

Rick's rant from October 17.

A future "Canadian Heritage Moment".

Even if the Canadian environment isn't in good hands, at least the Canadian funny bone is.

One thing I would like to add is that from now on, when something is all fucked up, we should refer to it as "all Ambrosed up". It has a nice ring to it, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comment copied from Lloyd's MySpace blog. Comment posted October 20, 2006


We Americans are going to be running out of our natural resources rather soon. So it is our best interest for you guys to keep our future stores healthy and vibrant. We need our SUV's and cheap lumber for our McMansions. So I implore you to protect our.. I mean your resources.

Resistance is futile.

Anonymous said...

Comment copied from Lloyd's MySpace blog. Comment posted October 20, 2006

If humans weren't such lazy procrastinators, we wouldn't have came up with the technological innovations we have today.

You know they guy who came up with the steam engine that fuels the Industrial Revolution was a lazy bastard.

Anonymous said...

Comment copied from Lloyd's MySpace blog. Comment posted October 21, 2006

Go here: http://www.ecologyfund.com/ and save 1/1000,000,0000th of a square inch of land somewhere.

Its not much, but its something.