Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Real News

Last night I told you about an item in my hometown's newspaper, the Kings County Record. I'm not convinced that story was newsworthy enough to warrant a full-page in colour in the paper. You decide for yourself.

But there was one event that happened while I was visiting Sussex that didn't even make the paper, and it is HUGE! Way more important than doggy actors.

Last week, I was invited to my sister's house for a delicious dinner. I wanted to contribute something, so I went downtown to get some beer and wine to bring along. It had been storming that day, but by this point, the weather had settled down.

I got to the liquor store and found, to my horror, that there was a sign on the door saying "Closed due to the storm".

WHAT???!!!!

YOU CAN'T CLOSE THE LIQUOR STORE FOR A STORM! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!

How did they think people were going to be able to get through the storm without booze?

I'm pretty sure that this is a violation of my Charter rights. I am going to write a strongly-worded letter.

How dare they?

No comments: