I did something I have never done. I bought a Maxim magazine. I couldn't help it. It had a really smoking hot picture of my girlfriend on the cover.
I loves me some Angelina
The issue I bought is the "2006 Most Awesome Awards" issue. Other than my Angelina winning "Woman of the Year", I didn't really think they picked very awesome award winners. So, I decided I would do it better than them. Here is my very own...
Lloyd's 2006 Mmost Aawesome Aawards
(AKA The Lloydy Awards)
1. Woman of the Year: You guessed it, I agree with Maxim on this one.
Angelina was really emotional when she learned that she had won the coveted "Lloydy" award.
2. Blog of the year: Becspeak. Well written, funny, interesting. Rebecca and her husband Garth are two of the coolest people I know. Read it, because I said so.
3. Best CD my wife and I bought this year: John Lithgow - Singin' in the Bathtub
This CD makes my son smile from the first note all the way to the end. If you have kids, you need this CD
4. Best Stand-up Comedy Debut by Somebody Named Lloyd - The winner is... ME.
5. Best Canadian Political Moment: Outgoing Alberta Premier Ralph Klein's comment about former Conservative, now Liberal Belinda Stronach (former girlfriend of Conservative heavy Peter MacKay) never having a Conservative bone in her body... Well, maybe one. Watch the video here and learn more about Belinda and Peter here. I'm not a fan of King Ralph at all, but this was funny stuff.
6. Best American Political Moment: Vice President Dick Cheney mistaking one of his hunting partners for a bird. I think the real story is that the dude kept teasing Dick about his "lez-been" daughter so the veep had to shut him up.
7. Cutest kid of 2006: Mine
I'm sure you think your kid is the cutest, but you are wrong
8. Best Weight-loss Plan of 2006: Mine
So, there you have it. The best of 2006. I'm sure many of you disagree with some or all of my choices. But that's the great thing about living in a free society. You are free to learn how wrong you are and to learn what you should really believe.
Enjoy the rest of 2006 kids.