Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nice Shoes, Wanna... Give them back?

I've mentioned a few times that I started riding the bus to work now that I am no longer a stay-at-home dad. It's usually ok. But there were a lot of snow storms when I first I started back to work. Those days suck for bus riders. One of them was especially bad for me.

I decided that the weather was bad enough that I would risk looking completely stupid and wear my winter boots with my suit and carry shoes in a plastic bag to protect them from the elements. I changed footwear when I got to work and again back into my boots when I left at the end of the day. Everything was going fine up to now. Then, when I went to get off the first bus to transfer to another, I left the bag of shoes behind. I realized it just after the bus went out of sight over a hill. Agh!

After I cursed at myself for a while, I calmed down and said "no big deal. Someone will turn them in and I'll go downtown to the TTC lost and found and collect them." Good plan. Only it didn't work out. Nobody turned them in. They're gone for good.

So, if you take the bus in Scarborough, and notice someone checking out everyone's footwear, that will be me. And you'd better not be wearing my shoes, because I will fight you for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or you could be like me, and have someone at work mistakenly wear your shoes for an hour before you get there. Hello, did ya not notice that they were a different size and newer?